Blue Flower

Attend a Public Meeting

When your municipal council is deciding on a new bylaw, or is planning a project that affects the community, they will hold a public consultation or town meeting. These meetings give you as a resident the chance to express your opinion about matters that affect you.

Municipal councils advertise public consultations in their own facilities, the local newspaper, on the radio, or on their website. Keep an eye out for matters that affect you, your family, and community and make your opinion heard.